Martha, a loving and gentle wife, walked into the living room where her husband, Orville, sat reading the newspaper in his recliner. “Honey,” she said, “I’ve noticed you haven’t been…
In 1995, Glafira Rosales confidently strolled into the prestigious Knoedler Gallery in New York with a painting by abstract expressionist Mark Rothko valued at several million dollars. In addition to…
- BustedCelebritiesCharacterCheatingChoicesDisappointmentIntegrityMusicPainRelationshipRelationship ProblemsRiskSexual ImmoralityWomen
In December of 1988, a song entitled Every Rose Has Its Thorn finally topped the Billboard Charts. Focusing on the heartache of unfaithfulness, the song gave Poison their first (and only) #1 hit.
But the band’s joy was tempered by the fact that the song was based on the real life pain of their lead singer.
- BehaviorCheatingCommandsEthicsGod's WordHonestyHumansLyingMoralityResearchResults
Dan Ariely knows how to spot liars and cheats: he just looks for humans. His research team at Duke University studies our behavior and he’s found that people are willing to be dishonest in almost any situation.
- AdulteryBad DecisionsChangeCheatingDesperationHusbandLustMarriageRelationshipRelationship ProblemsSelfishSexSexual ImmoralitySexual SinWife
Robin Rinaldi wanted kids. Her husband, Scott, did not. The impasse in their 18-year-old marriage led to an interesting “solution.” They would trade monogamy for an “open” relationship in order to save it.
What could possibly go wrong?
- AdulteryCelebritiesCheatingCommitmentCultureDouble StandardEntertainmentFaithfulMonogamyMoralityMusicSexSexual ImmoralitySexual SinWomen
Lots of people bemoan the morally-bankrupt lyrics that fill today’s popular music. Whether it’s Robin Thicke’s “Blurred Lines,” Lady Gaga singing about a “disco stick,” or just about anything from Miley Cyrus, it seems as though today’s artists are fixated on promoting loose sexual ethics.
Just like musicians did 60 years ago….
- CheatingChoicesCommitmentComplacencyDedicationFoodHealthLifestyleTemptationWill Power
When perfectly sane humans with functioning taste buds swear off meat, they’re labeled vegetarians. The remainder of their sad, miserable lives is filled with the memories of how wonderful a medium-well ribeye tasted. Fortunately, a few vegetarians have discovered a way of coping with temptation.
They just eat meat.
- BustedCheatingChurchGenerosityGiftsGivingGood NewsGovernmentIRSLieMoneyPastorTaxesTithe
On April 16th, the phone rang at First Baptist Church in downtown Glendale. When Pastor Jefferson answered the phone, a member of the IRS introduced himself and said he had a few questions for the pastor.
“This can’t be good,” thought the pastor….
- AdulteryCheatingHusbandInfidelityMarriageMenPromisePuritySexSexual ImmoralityTechnologyWifeWomen
Life is short. Have an affair.
That’s the motto behind www.AshleyMadison.com, “the world’s leading married dating service for discreet encounters.” Their website allows you to “SEARCH FOR MARRIED PEOPLE IN YOUR AREA!” as soon as you join.
But don’t worry; by their estimates, they don’t endorse infidelity….
It’s been said, “Once a liar, always a liar.” Apparently, there’s a lot of truth to that simple proverb.
In October of 2009, The Josephson Institute of Ethics released their findings from a multi-generational study on character and integrity. They found that kids who tell lies today often become adults who tell lies tomorrow. (All things equal…that makes sense.) Further, they discovered that kids who cheat today usually grow to be adults who cheat when they’re older.