“Modern science is a legacy, I might even say a child, of Christianity.”
- BackslideCallingConversionCryingFriendsGod's WillInfluenceMusicPreachingRegretRepentSecond ChanceSin
One Sunday when he was a young man, Robert Robinson and some buddies went to church…but only to make fun of the Christians gathered in worship. However, the preacher that day was the mighty George Whitefield, and Robinson ended up giving his life to Christ instead!
And that’s just one part of this hymn writer’s amazing spiritual journey.
- CallingFaithfulFruitGratitudeHoly SpiritInfluenceLeadershipMentoringRole ModelStudentTeacherTeensWorkYouth Ministry
You’ve probably heard of Louie Giglio, the founder of Passion, a ministry that impacts hundreds of thousands of college students each year. You’ve probably heard of his best friend, Pastor Andy Stanley, as well; he leads one of the largest and most influential churches in America. But you’ve probably never heard of Mary Gellerstedt.
But without her, Louie and Andy might not be the men we know today.
- CallingChinaDisappointmentDoubtExcitementFaithGod's ProvisionLifestylePerseverancePrayerPreparedSacrificialTest
Prior to his departure to the mission fields of China, Hudson Taylor realized that he would continually be alone and always in great need. Knowing this – and given his bold philosophy of never asking people for donations – he thought it necessary to learn “to move man, through God, by prayer alone.”
If this sounds like a Jedi mind trick to you, think again.
- AccidentApathyCallingChinaChristiansDeathEvangelismGreat CommissionGreedLazinessMissionsMoneyPastorPreacherPreachingRescueResponsibility
At a pastor’s conference in Scotland in 1865, Hudson Taylor, the mighty missionary to China, was given the opportunity to address 2,000 pastors about his work. Sadly, many churches in Europe couldn’t have been less concerned about the millions of Chinese people dying apart from Christ on a monthly basis.
But then, Hudson Taylor opened his sermon with this story….
- CallingDiscipleshipEvangelismFalse TeachingGod's PlanMissionaryObediencePreachingQuestionsRegretReligiousSalvationTimeTransformationTruthWitness
Civil war, disease, and poverty were wreaking havoc on those living in China during the 19th Century. Each year millions of men, women, and children died from these terrible living conditions. Sadly, almost none of them knew Christ, and were thus separated from God eternally.
But in spite of the millions, a man named Ni was only concerned about one: his father.
Born in the mid 18th Century in Northampton, England, William Carey was a hardworking shoemaker who spent much of his free time learning Greek, Latin, and French while repairing shoes at the workshop.
That’s because Carey knew his life wasn’t going to revolve fixing soles, but saving souls.