Illustrations about atheism
See if you can pick which is worse between the following pairs: a traffic jam or an ice cream cone, a root canal or a three day weekend, chickenpox or Super Bowl tickets. Fairly easy, right?
But Sam Harris can’t always pick between such obvious options….
- AtheismBeliefsBibleEternal LifeEvangelismEvangelistFaithGiftsGod's WordGospelGreat CommissionQuestionsResponsibility
Penn Jillette is half of the world-famous magical act known as Penn and Teller. In addition to being a super talented performer, he’s also an outspoken atheist. But that didn’t stop a fan from giving him a Bible after a show one night.
And the atheist’s response to the gift should be an encouragement to every believer.
- AtheismChristianityChristmasFaithFamilyGenerosityGiftsGod's ProvisionHopeJesusPoorSharing
The Delgado Family consisted of a 60-year-old, arthritic, woman named Perfecta, and her two granddaughters, Lydia and Jenny. Together, they owned less than would fit into one suitcase and lived in a two-room rundown apartment on Chicago’s West Side that was more akin to a refugee camp than a home.
But their poverty would shed light on a young journalist’s materialism and change his eternity forever.
- AtheismCareChildrenFaithFamilyGenerosityGreedJesus' TeachingKidsKindnessParentingParentsReligiousResearchSharing
Pop Quiz: Which kid is most likely to be greedy and judgmental?
The kid being raised by atheists.
The kid being raised by wolves.
The kid walking home from Sunday School.
- ApologeticsAtheismBeliefsBiasChristianityComplainDesireFearGod's ExistencePhilosophyReligionUniverse
All of us look at our world and wish a few things didn’t exist. For example, most sane people agree there should be no hunger or war. We’d love to live in a world without cancer. But our world contains the things many of us do not like.
Even atheist Thomas Nagel wishes the world didn’t contain something, or Someone….
- AnswerApologeticsAtheismBlameChanceCreationDNAEvilExcusesExplanationGod's ExistenceMoralityRightScienceWrong
In life, bad stuff happens. Sometimes, even really bad stuff happens. And from time to time, outright evil strikes our lives. It leaves us asking “Why?” in a desperate search for answers. But we must be leery of some of the answers we’re offered.
Like this one from atheist, Richard Dawkins.
- AccusationApologeticsAssuranceAtheismBeliefsDeathDoubtElderlyEvidenceFaithGod's ExistenceScience
Bertrand Russell, a British philosopher, lived a very long life…and all of it apart from God. As an outspoken atheist, he was quick to criticize religion of any kind. But as every life does, his would come to an end.
Fortunately for Bertrand, he had a plan in place…just in case God existed.
“When a man stops believing in God he doesn’t then believe in nothing, he believes anything.”
Topics Illustrated Include:
- AtheismBeliefsBibleBible StudyCelebritiesChristianityDecision-MakingFaithJesusReasonResearch
Before “letting go” of something, most intelligent people take the time to analyze whether it’s wise to do so, or not. Most people, from stock traders to baseball traders want to make sure that what they’re getting is better than what they’re giving up.
Evidently, actress Julia Sweeney isn’t most people.