Illustrations about Christianity
See if you can pick which is worse between the following pairs: a traffic jam or an ice cream cone, a root canal or a three day weekend, chickenpox or Super Bowl tickets. Fairly easy, right?
But Sam Harris can’t always pick between such obvious options….
- ChristianityChristiansCultureDoctrineFaithFoolRedemptionSalvationTheologyTransformationWorld War II
Millions of people around the world have wrestled with this very issue. With everything that hangs in the balance, it’s easy to see why so many take the question so seriously.
Apparently, even Adolf Hitler had come to a conclusion on the matter.
“His disciples will have to look more saved if I am to believe in their savior.” Topics Illustrated Include: Christianity Christians Discipleship Disobedience Hypocrisy Jesus Lifestyle Obedience Quotes Saved…
Sin. Three letters. One syllable. Not a big word on paper. But if the Bible is to be believed, “sin” carries with it a rather significant meaning. But don’t bother looking up that meaning in the dictionary.
Some editions no longer include the word on their pages.
- ChristianityChristiansCrossDeathEmperorFightingGladiatorGod's PowerHistoryKillMartyrMurderPersecutionRomansTestimonyVictoryViolence
It was built to entertain the ruthless masses of the Roman Empire. The mighty Coliseum stood in the heart of Rome and played host to the gladiatorial games that would end up costing the lives of thousands upon thousands of contestants.
But the death toll rose even more when the Coliseum was used to kill followers of Jesus.
- AtheismChristianityChristmasFaithFamilyGenerosityGiftsGod's ProvisionHopeJesusPoorSharing
The Delgado Family consisted of a 60-year-old, arthritic, woman named Perfecta, and her two granddaughters, Lydia and Jenny. Together, they owned less than would fit into one suitcase and lived in a two-room rundown apartment on Chicago’s West Side that was more akin to a refugee camp than a home.
But their poverty would shed light on a young journalist’s materialism and change his eternity forever.
- ApologeticsAtheismBeliefsBiasChristianityComplainDesireFearGod's ExistencePhilosophyReligionUniverse
All of us look at our world and wish a few things didn’t exist. For example, most sane people agree there should be no hunger or war. We’d love to live in a world without cancer. But our world contains the things many of us do not like.
Even atheist Thomas Nagel wishes the world didn’t contain something, or Someone….
- BeliefsChristianityChristiansChurchEmperorFree WillGod's WillGovernmentGraceHistoryJudgmentKillLoveMercyMurderPowerReligionRomansThreatViolenceWorship
Theodosius had a plan. He wanted all the people of his empire to worship the one true God revealed in the Bible. A noble endeavor, for sure. But there was one fatal flaw in the emperor’s strategy:
Those he couldn’t lead to Jesus…he would send to Jesus!