Illustrations about God’s love
- AngelsCrossEternal LifeGod's CharacterGod's LoveGraceHeavenHumilityJesusJustificationMercySalvationSavedWorks
Every sinner who is saved is saved by the grace of God. No one can earn salvation because no one has done anything to deserve salvation! When Rev. Alistair Begg,…
Robert Herjavec is a handsome multi-millionaire who’s had tremendous success in technological enterprises. His achievements have even landed him celebrity appearances on popular TV shows like Shark Tank and Dancing With The Stars.
But none of those accolades could help him when cancer attacked his family.
- AnswerFootballGod's LoveHopeLifeMeaningPurposeQuestioning/WonderingQuestionsSatisfactionSearchingSportsSuccessVictoryWin
On February 1, 2015, quarterback Tom Brady led his New England Patriots to victory over the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl 49, making a strong case for him being named the greatest QB in the game.
But according to a decade-old interview, Brady wondered if that’s what life was all about.
- C. S. LewisConfessionConversionGod's LoveGraceJesusLoveMercyProdigalProdigalReasonRepentSalvationSavedTestimonyTransformation
Do you remember your conversion experience – the moment you realized your need of a Savior and committed your life to Him? Were you in a church? At a spiritual retreat? Among close friends? Were you overjoyed? Grateful? At peace?
Regardless of the circumstances, your conversion was probably nothing like that of C. S. Lewis.
- Capital PunishmentChristCondemnationCriminalFoolForgivenessGod's LoveGraceJesusLawPardonPoliticiansRobberySalvationSinSteal
In December of 1829, James Porter and George Wilson robbed several postal shipments and terrorized various mail carriers in their rampage for loot. Unfortunately for them, they were soon caught, tried, and condemned to hang for their crimes. Porter was hanged on schedule; Wilson was given a presidential pardon.
But he was hanged for his crimes, nonetheless.
- AtonementBloodChristForgivenessGod's LoveGod's PowerPenaltyPunishmentPurityRedemptionSinSinful Nature
What’s up with the claims of household cleaners? One promises to remove 99.99% bacteria. Another one pledges to kill 99.99% of germs. When it comes to most things in life, most people believe that 99.99% is good enough.
But there’s one area of life that isn’t so forgiving. In this case, 99.99% isn’t anywhere near good enough.