“What was indispensable to the Redeemer must always be indispensable to the redeemed.”
- CelebritiesCriticismFaithGod's WillJesusJesus' TeachingMental IllnessPoliticiansPrayerSpiritual Disciplines
In 2018, Donald Trump and Mike Pence were in office together and the subject of the Vice President’s faith came up on a well-known TV show called The View. After…
- AdvertisingAssuranceCureDisappointmentGod (Nature Of)God's CharacterGod's FaithfulnessJesus' TeachingProblemPromiseResultsTrustVows
Ever notice how many products that claim to do miraculous things for consumers usually come with the disclaimer “results may vary”? They promise the world on the front end, but somewhere near the last line of the fine print it always says “results may vary.” For example…
- AtheismCareChildrenFaithFamilyGenerosityGreedJesus' TeachingKidsKindnessParentingParentsReligiousResearchSharing
Pop Quiz: Which kid is most likely to be greedy and judgmental?
The kid being raised by atheists.
The kid being raised by wolves.
The kid walking home from Sunday School.
- BehaviorCommandsDisobedienceImpatientJesus' TeachingLawLessonPoliceRespectRulesSin
Hank was driving through a small Texas town when he failed to come to a complete stop at an intersection before continuing on his way. Unfortunately, a highway patrolman witnessed the infraction and pulled him over.
Within minutes, Hank would learn that a ticket wasn’t the worse thing he could get from a cop.
- BibleChristiansForgivenessGod's WordGraceJesus' TeachingJudgingMercyParablePerfectSelf-RighteousStories
In Revelation 22:18-19, the Apostle John gives a stern warning about changing his writings; it’s the “go-to” passage about altering God’s Word. Though preaching professor Dr. Fred Craddock was familiar with this passage, it still didn’t stop him from “tweaking” one of Jesus’ stories to make a point.
It proved to be a memorable experience….
- Bad NewsCelebrationGenerosityHelpJesus' TeachingMarriageMoneyPartyPlansPurposeRedemptionWedding
Phil LaBoon, a native of Pittsburgh, wanted to get married so he reserved a reception hall, hired a caterer, and sent out invitations. The one thing the handsome young man didn’t secure was a stable fiancé; she backed out at the last moment.
But that didn’t stop LaBoon from having a life-changing celebration.
- AngerBloodCareDogsEnemyFatherFightingForgivenessHelpJesus' TeachingKillLoveMenNeighborPetsRevengeSaveViolence
Dr. Fred Craddock had no qualms about calling his childhood neighbor, Mr. Cook, a “hateful man”; after all, when Fred was just a young boy, Mr. Cook killed his dog. Fred’s sentiment toward Mr. Cook is easy to understand because many people have had a neighbor like Mr. Cook.
But few people have had a father like Fred’s.