Far and away, most people believe that their admittance into Heaven is based on their good deeds, or their avoidance of particular sins, or a combination of the two. New…
- AngelsCrossEternal LifeGod's CharacterGod's LoveGraceHeavenHumilityJesusJustificationMercySalvationSavedWorks
Every sinner who is saved is saved by the grace of God. No one can earn salvation because no one has done anything to deserve salvation! When Rev. Alistair Begg,…
- ConsequencesDisobedienceEternal LifeEternityForgivenessGod's WillGood NewsGospelGraceMercyPerfectRighteousnessSalvationSinSinful NatureWorks
Millions of people – perhaps billions – believe they can win God’s approval and earn eternal life by “being good” – even if they’ve “been bad” in the past. Their…
- AtheismBeliefsBibleEternal LifeEvangelismEvangelistFaithGiftsGod's WordGospelGreat CommissionQuestionsResponsibility
Penn Jillette is half of the world-famous magical act known as Penn and Teller. In addition to being a super talented performer, he’s also an outspoken atheist. But that didn’t stop a fan from giving him a Bible after a show one night.
And the atheist’s response to the gift should be an encouragement to every believer.
- BaptismBeliefsBetrayalCivil WarDeathEternal LifeInjusticeKillMilitaryMistakeMurderNeglectPrioritiesSalvationSoldierWar
General William Nelson caused lots of trouble for the Confederate Army that fought against him during the Civil War. The hulking man who stood over 6 feet tall and weighed more than 300lbs well-deserved his nickname of “Bull.”
But after dodging every bullet fired at him by the Confederate Army, he couldn’t dodge just one that was fired at him from the gun of a fellow Union general.
- AnimalsAssuranceComfortDeathEternal LifeFearFuneralGriefHopeHumansMourningSorrowWorry
Crows. Elephants. Bonobos. Chimpanzees. They all have something in common with humans besides a Creator. For quite some time, researchers and scientists have observed these species (and many others) exhibiting symptoms of grief.
But thanks to God, that’s where our commonality ends.
- ArchaeologyAtonementConfessionDestructionEternal LifeExodusGod's PowerHeartHopeJudgmentMisunderstandingSalvationSinTruth
It troubles many Bible readers when they find the phrase “the LORD hardened Pharaoh’s heart” in the Exodus story. Throughout the incredible action, God promises to harden the heart of the Egyptian king, and that’s just what He does….even though most people don’t think it was very fair of God to do so.
Then we learn through modern archaeology that a hard heart was exactly what Pharaoh wanted.