Illustrations about Christians
- AngerAuthorityBishopChristiansConflictConfrontationCourageEmperorInjusticeKillLeadershipMurderPowerReconciliationRevengeTaking a StandTaking Action
Once upon a time, a bishop got in the face of an emperor. One had immeasurable power behind him. The other had nothing but righteous indignation on his side.
The outcome of the standoff surprised everyone who heard the story.
- ChristianityChristiansCultureDoctrineFaithFoolRedemptionSalvationTheologyTransformationWorld War II
Millions of people around the world have wrestled with this very issue. With everything that hangs in the balance, it’s easy to see why so many take the question so seriously.
Apparently, even Adolf Hitler had come to a conclusion on the matter.
- BaptistChristiansChurchCowardDisappointmentRacismTaking a StandTaking ActionThe SouthUnloving
“Hurt. Devastated. Crushed.” Those aren’t the typical emotions most newlyweds would use to describe their wedding day. But that’s exactly how Charles and Te’Andrea Wilson feel when they look back on their big day.
Sadly, it was a group of “Christians” who were responsible for their pain.
“His disciples will have to look more saved if I am to believe in their savior.” Topics Illustrated Include: Christianity Christians Discipleship Disobedience Hypocrisy Jesus Lifestyle Obedience Quotes Saved…
- ChristiansChurchConfusedEnemyFearGod's WillGreat CommissionMilitaryMissionsMisunderstandingPersecutionSacrificialSatanSoldierSuffering
The Church and the military have a lot in common. Both involve large groups of people. Both have missions. Both exist for the benefit of others. Both require personal sacrifice.
But they also have one very remarkable difference.
- ChristianityChristiansCrossDeathEmperorFightingGladiatorGod's PowerHistoryKillMartyrMurderPersecutionRomansTestimonyVictoryViolence
It was built to entertain the ruthless masses of the Roman Empire. The mighty Coliseum stood in the heart of Rome and played host to the gladiatorial games that would end up costing the lives of thousands upon thousands of contestants.
But the death toll rose even more when the Coliseum was used to kill followers of Jesus.
- AthleteChristiansDevotionFaithFaithfulHabitsLifestyleMistakePerseveranceRace (racing)SportsTrack and Field
“Crossing the line of faith.” It’s the most important step anyone will ever take, but too many Christians shortchange their relationship with Jesus by forgetting about the second step, the third step, and the millionth step. They mistakenly think they’re done after they cross the starting line.
Usain Bolt, a man who knows an awful lot about crossing lines, would never make that mistake.
- BibleChristiansForgivenessGod's WordGraceJesus' TeachingJudgingMercyParablePerfectSelf-RighteousStories
In Revelation 22:18-19, the Apostle John gives a stern warning about changing his writings; it’s the “go-to” passage about altering God’s Word. Though preaching professor Dr. Fred Craddock was familiar with this passage, it still didn’t stop him from “tweaking” one of Jesus’ stories to make a point.
It proved to be a memorable experience….