“We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”
C. S. Lewis
When the four Pevensie siblings stumbled through a wardrobe closet into a mythical land, they were surprised. But when they met the King of that land, their surprise grew even…
- C. S. LewisConfessionConversionGod's LoveGraceJesusLoveMercyProdigalProdigalReasonRepentSalvationSavedTestimonyTransformation
Coming to Christ…Kicking and Screaming
Do you remember your conversion experience – the moment you realized your need of a Savior and committed your life to Him? Were you in a church? At a spiritual retreat? Among close friends? Were you overjoyed? Grateful? At peace?
Regardless of the circumstances, your conversion was probably nothing like that of C. S. Lewis.
- C. S. LewisEarthEternal LifeEternityGoalsHeavenLoseMaterialismPrioritiesQuotesTemporaryWealthWorld
C. S. Lewis on Eternity
“Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither.”
“God whispers to us in our pleasures…but shouts in our pains, it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world.”
- ApologeticsBeliefsC. S. LewisChristianityFaithObservationQuotesReasonTruth
C. S. Lewis on Christianity
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen, not only because I see by it, but because by it I see everything else.”
- AloneC. S. LewisChangeDisappointmentFailureGod's PowerGreedHopeHopelessJesusLonelyPainRestorationTransformation
Undressing the Dragon
Ever try to change yourself, but wind up failing? Have you tried to break a bad habit only to find yourself returning to it, again and again? If so, you’re not alone. The good news is, there’s a way to be truly changed forever.
But be warned! C. S. Lewis says it’s as difficult and painful as skinning a dragon.
- C. S. LewisChristiansCreationDesireExpectationsHeavenHopeHumansPurposeQuotesRealityReasonSatisfaction
Made for Another World
C.S. Lewis lived during a tough period in mankind’s history, the First and Second World Wars. All of Europe was thrown into suffering, and Mr. Lewis’ tragedy was compounded even further after the death of his beloved wife, Joy. But the famous atheist-turned-Christian-author never gave up hope.
And maybe that’s why his teachings on hope have helped so many others, decades later.
- AnimalsC. S. LewisChoicesEternal LifeFearGiftsGod's PowerJesus' TeachingMistakeSalvationSaviorThirstWater
There Is No Other Stream
There are lots of people who like what Jesus has to offer…but don’t like Jesus. For instance, they want salvation but find His teachings on the subject intolerable. But Jesus can’t be picked apart; He and His gifts are a package deal.
That’s the lesson a thirsting Jill Pole learned when a lion blocked her path to a life-saving stream.