Illustrations about beliefs
- Bad NewsBeliefsBitternessBlameCancerComplainFailureGod's ExistenceGod's PlanGod's WillGood NewsSickSufferingTelevisionTheology
The TV show Seinfeld followed the lives of four friends living in New York in the 90s. Jerry was the lead character. Elaine was his former girlfriend. Kramer was the…
- BeliefsChanceEasterExperienceFaithGod's PowerMiracleMistakeResurrection
When people talk about the validity of Jesus’ resurrection, it’s inevitable that someone asks, “What are the chances?” It’s a fair question. After all, most of us know plenty of people who died…and stayed dead.
But is chance a good basis for belief?
- BeliefsEasterEvidenceExplanationFaithGod's PowerGod's WordHopeJesusMeaningMiracleResurrectionSkeptical
Easter always stirs conversations about the credibility of the resurrection. Some believe the Bible’s version is trustworthy, while others give no credence to Scripture’s testimony whatsoever. In an attempt to bring balance to the discussion, one group offers a middle-ground theory they hope will work for everyone.
Here’s why it won’t.
Four pastors were in the habit of meeting together to discuss their beliefs, doctrine, and overall theology. For whatever reason, it was always three pastors in agreement against the fourth. One morning, after the usual 3-to-1 “majority rules” discussion, the odd pastor out decided he would appeal to a higher authority.
- AtheismBeliefsBibleEternal LifeEvangelismEvangelistFaithGiftsGod's WordGospelGreat CommissionQuestionsResponsibility
Penn Jillette is half of the world-famous magical act known as Penn and Teller. In addition to being a super talented performer, he’s also an outspoken atheist. But that didn’t stop a fan from giving him a Bible after a show one night.
And the atheist’s response to the gift should be an encouragement to every believer.
- ApologeticsAtheismBeliefsBiasChristianityComplainDesireFearGod's ExistencePhilosophyReligionUniverse
All of us look at our world and wish a few things didn’t exist. For example, most sane people agree there should be no hunger or war. We’d love to live in a world without cancer. But our world contains the things many of us do not like.
Even atheist Thomas Nagel wishes the world didn’t contain something, or Someone….
- AccusationApologeticsAssuranceAtheismBeliefsDeathDoubtElderlyEvidenceFaithGod's ExistenceScience
Bertrand Russell, a British philosopher, lived a very long life…and all of it apart from God. As an outspoken atheist, he was quick to criticize religion of any kind. But as every life does, his would come to an end.
Fortunately for Bertrand, he had a plan in place…just in case God existed.