Far and away, most people believe that their admittance into Heaven is based on their good deeds, or their avoidance of particular sins, or a combination of the two. New…
- ChristiansEmperorGovernmentIntercessory PrayerLeadershipLifePeacePoliticiansPoliticsPrayerRoman EmperorRomansTrustWorship
“We pray for all the emperors, that God may grant them long life, a secure government, a prosperous family, vigorous troops, a faithful senate, an obedient people; that the whole…
- CelebritiesCriticismFaithGod's WillJesusJesus' TeachingMental IllnessPoliticiansPrayerSpiritual Disciplines
In 2018, Donald Trump and Mike Pence were in office together and the subject of the Vice President’s faith came up on a well-known TV show called The View. After…
- Back FireEasterHeresyMeaningMistakePastorPoliticiansResurrectionSaveSocial MediaStupidityWorks
On Sunday morning, April 4, 2021, the Rev. Raphael Warnock stood in front of his congregation and delivered an Easter sermon like he’d done for the past decade-and-a-half. His message…
A tourist browsing a curio shop in New York noticed a very lifelike, bronze statue of a rat. It didn’t have a price tag, but the man was intrigued enough that he decided to buy it. “How much for the bronze rat?” he asked the shop owner.
“Fifty bucks for the rat. Two hundred bucks for the story,” came the reply.
- AddictionAnswerDeathDisagreementDrugsGovernmentHabitsLawOverdosePoliticiansProblemProblem SolvingRiskSolution
Philip Seymour Hoffman. Cory Monteith. River Phoenix. They all share at least two things in common: they were highly-paid actors…and they died from an overdose of heroin. Now, lawmakers are working to ensure that no one else suffers the same fate.
But their “solution” is a highly contested one….
- AmericaChoicesCorruptDemocracyElectionGovernmentPoliticiansPoliticsStupidityVoteWashington DC
We’re in the midst of another crazy political season…which is the perfect time to share some of history’s greatest thoughts on politicians and their practices. Here are the Top 10 quotes about the folks we elect to represent us: