Making deals with God never works because He already owns the stuff we’re offering Him.
Anxiety. It’s the most common form of mental illness in our country. A whopping 40 million adults complain of an anxiety disorder of some kind, and sadly, research says that…
“The same sun that hardens the clay melts the ice.”
- AnswerDoctorElderlyGod's PlanGod's PowerGod's ProvisionHealthMedicalProblemSolutionSurprise
The Doctor’s Cure
Mrs. Terry went to the doctor’s office with a bit of trouble; uncontrollable hiccups. It wasn’t long before she was politely escorted into an examination room and seen by one of the new doctors. But just 4 minutes later, she burst from the room, and ran down the hall screaming like a banshee.
- BrokenDwight L. MoodyEmptyGod's ProvisionPrideQuotesSatisfactionSelf-Righteous
D. L. Moody on God’s Provision
“God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves.”
- AtheismChristianityChristmasFaithFamilyGenerosityGiftsGod's ProvisionHopeJesusPoorSharing
Finding Jesus in a Modern Day Manger
The Delgado Family consisted of a 60-year-old, arthritic, woman named Perfecta, and her two granddaughters, Lydia and Jenny. Together, they owned less than would fit into one suitcase and lived in a two-room rundown apartment on Chicago’s West Side that was more akin to a refugee camp than a home.
But their poverty would shed light on a young journalist’s materialism and change his eternity forever.
- ChristmasGod's PlanGod's ProvisionInspirationMusicProblemProblem SolvingThinkingWorship
A (Truly) Silent Night
The inspirational moments behind the creation of music are often as varied as the music itself. Military victories, movements of God, and even the loss of loved ones, have brought about some of the church’s most beloved music.
But the “inspiration” behind the hymn Silent Night was nothing more than a broken organ.
- CallingChinaDisappointmentDoubtExcitementFaithGod's ProvisionLifestylePerseverancePrayerPreparedSacrificialTest
Hudson Taylor’s Experiment
Prior to his departure to the mission fields of China, Hudson Taylor realized that he would continually be alone and always in great need. Knowing this – and given his bold philosophy of never asking people for donations – he thought it necessary to learn “to move man, through God, by prayer alone.”
If this sounds like a Jedi mind trick to you, think again.
- ChinaFaithFaithfulGenerosityGiftsGod's ProvisionHelpJesus' TeachingMission TripMissionaryMissionsMoneyPrayerStrategyTestimonyTrusting God
England’s Hudson Taylor, the missionary God used to transform China, was consumed with leading the lost into God’s Kingdom. In spite of the unfathomable challenges he would face – a lack of money, support, translators, and supplies – he never once asked anyone for money. Instead, he simply prayed.
Why not? That strategy paid off time and time again….
- ChurchGod's PlanGod's ProtectionGod's ProvisionGod's WillHistoryMilitaryTime
The Timing of the Church’s Birth
We’ve all heard the axiom, “Timing is everything.” In so many aspects of life, the idiom rings true; there are certain times at which certain things are best done. Looking back on some of God’s movements, it’s clear that He is conscious of “good timing,” as well.
Perhaps the best example of God’s timing was the birth of the church.