Millions of people – perhaps billions – believe they can win God’s approval and earn eternal life by “being good” – even if they’ve “been bad” in the past. Their…
- AtheismBeliefsBibleEternal LifeEvangelismEvangelistFaithGiftsGod's WordGospelGreat CommissionQuestionsResponsibility
Penn Jillette is half of the world-famous magical act known as Penn and Teller. In addition to being a super talented performer, he’s also an outspoken atheist. But that didn’t stop a fan from giving him a Bible after a show one night.
And the atheist’s response to the gift should be an encouragement to every believer.
- AthleteEvangelismFightingGospelGreat CommissionJesusLost in TranslationPraiseSportsTestimonyWitness
What would you do if you were a UFC fighter who just won a vicious cage match against a dangerous opponent? Celebrate? Pass out? Mention Jesus in the post-fight interview?
Yoel Romero went with the Jesus option…and took his worst shots of the night because of it.
- BlessingChildrenChristmasEvangelismGiftsGivingGod's PlanGospelGratitudeGreat CommissionHusbandJoyLoveMarriageMissionsWeddingWife
Just before Christmas in 2000, a 7-year-old boy named Tyrel Wolfe stuffed a humble shoebox with simple gifts, along with a picture of himself dressed like a cowboy, and mailed it overseas in the hopes it would bless a child in need.
Though he didn’t know it, the boy would one day receive a much greater blessing from the recipient.
- EvangelismForgivenessFriendsGod's PlanGospelHelpLife-SavingMiracleSalvationTimeTransformationWitness
When the phone rang in Larry’s office, Bryan, a movie producer in Hollywood, was on the other end asking for some help on behalf of a troubled friend named Mark. Larry obliged and hung up the phone.
But when he picked up the phone to call Mark, there’s no way Larry could have known what was about to happen.
In the summer of 2013, religious scholar, Dr. Reza Aslan, released a controversial book about Jesus entitled Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth. It caused quite a stir in the media, and not just because Aslan is a practicing Muslim.
The controversy actually revolves around a confession he made in an interview.
- BoysBullyChildrenChristiansConversionEvangelismEvangelistFightingGospelGreat CommissionJesus' TeachingLostLoveViolenceWitness
No two Christians share their faith the same way; some quote Scripture while others pass out tracts. Some use methods like “The 4 Spiritual Laws” or “The Roman Road.” But Eugene Peterson’s evangelistic strategy was much simpler.
He just used his fists.