General Stanley McChrystal, the commander of Joint Special Operations Command, was given a monumental task by President George W. Bush: find and terminate Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the leader of a brutal terror network known as Al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI).
- AnimalsBad DecisionsBaptismCircumcisionCompetitionEvangelismFailureGreat CommissionMistakePastorPriestRabbiRitualSuccess
A priest, a Baptist pastor, and a rabbi were accustomed to meeting each Monday morning to discuss their weekend services. On one of those occasions, the priest mentioned that it…
- ChristiansChurchConfusedEnemyFearGod's WillGreat CommissionMilitaryMissionsMisunderstandingPersecutionSacrificialSatanSoldierSuffering
The Church and the military have a lot in common. Both involve large groups of people. Both have missions. Both exist for the benefit of others. Both require personal sacrifice.
But they also have one very remarkable difference.
If you wanted to find unbelievers, would you know where to look? There are places they tend to gather…and places where they rarely gather. Do you know the difference?
Fortunately, Jesus did. And if we follow His example, we’ll find plenty of unbelievers who need His love.
- AtheismBeliefsBibleEternal LifeEvangelismEvangelistFaithGiftsGod's WordGospelGreat CommissionQuestionsResponsibility
Penn Jillette is half of the world-famous magical act known as Penn and Teller. In addition to being a super talented performer, he’s also an outspoken atheist. But that didn’t stop a fan from giving him a Bible after a show one night.
And the atheist’s response to the gift should be an encouragement to every believer.
- AthleteEvangelismFightingGospelGreat CommissionJesusLost in TranslationPraiseSportsTestimonyWitness
What would you do if you were a UFC fighter who just won a vicious cage match against a dangerous opponent? Celebrate? Pass out? Mention Jesus in the post-fight interview?
Yoel Romero went with the Jesus option…and took his worst shots of the night because of it.
- BlessingChildrenChristmasEvangelismGiftsGivingGod's PlanGospelGratitudeGreat CommissionHusbandJoyLoveMarriageMissionsWeddingWife
Just before Christmas in 2000, a 7-year-old boy named Tyrel Wolfe stuffed a humble shoebox with simple gifts, along with a picture of himself dressed like a cowboy, and mailed it overseas in the hopes it would bless a child in need.
Though he didn’t know it, the boy would one day receive a much greater blessing from the recipient.
- ChristiansChurchEvangelismGreat CommissionPastorPowerRulesSelfishUnloving
The first church that Fred Craddock served as pastor was a tiny, rural one near Oak Ridge, TN. During his tenure, the community exploded with laborers brought in to work at the newly developed nuclear plants. The young pastor wanted to attract the workers to his church; there was just one problem.
The church didn’t want them. At all.
- BoysBullyChildrenChristiansConversionEvangelismEvangelistFightingGospelGreat CommissionJesus' TeachingLostLoveViolenceWitness
No two Christians share their faith the same way; some quote Scripture while others pass out tracts. Some use methods like “The 4 Spiritual Laws” or “The Roman Road.” But Eugene Peterson’s evangelistic strategy was much simpler.
He just used his fists.
- ChildrenEvangelismFamilyGospelGreat CommissionKidsMission TripMissionaryMissionsParents
Missionary’s kids are a special breed. They’ve traipsed around the globe with their parents sharing the Gospel as a family. But sometimes, they stand out just as much when they get back home as they did when they were on the mission field.
Here are a few ways you can pick them out in a crowd.