“His disciples will have to look more saved if I am to believe in their savior.” Topics Illustrated Include: Christianity Christians Discipleship Disobedience Hypocrisy Jesus Lifestyle Obedience Quotes Saved…
- AmericaBibleBible StudyConfessionDiscipleshipExcusesGod's WordLazinessSpiritual GrowthSurprise
In Bedford, England there’s a statue and museum dedicated to John Bunyan and his brilliant work The Pilgrim’s Progress. The book follows the incredible story of “Christian” as he travels from this world to the next.
And when Ravi Zacharias traveled to the museum, he had an incredible conversation with a curator.
“There is a difference between isolation and solitude. They may contain similar characteristics, but in reality they are worlds apart. Solitude is a chosen separation for refining your soul. Isolation is what you crave when you neglect the first.”
- CommitmentCourageDiscipleshipEscapeEvangelismGod's KingdomHistoryJesus' TeachingLeadershipMilitaryRetreatRiskSoldierStrategyTaking ActionWar
History has shown time and again that advancing a kingdom isn’t an easy task. The endeavor demands many resources: soldiers, money, supplies, and time. But the greatest commodity of all is commitment.
Hernando Cortez, the famous Spanish Conquistador, knew that better than anyone else.
- CallingDiscipleshipEvangelismFalse TeachingGod's PlanMissionaryObediencePreachingQuestionsRegretReligiousSalvationTimeTransformationTruthWitness
Civil war, disease, and poverty were wreaking havoc on those living in China during the 19th Century. Each year millions of men, women, and children died from these terrible living conditions. Sadly, almost none of them knew Christ, and were thus separated from God eternally.
But in spite of the millions, a man named Ni was only concerned about one: his father.
- CommitmentCommunismDecision-MakingDevotionDiscipleshipFollowJesus' TeachingPersecutionPreachingSalvationTestimony
During the heyday of Communism, millions of Christians around the world were persecuted and thousands were even killed for their faith. Under those regimes, becoming a Christian was a risky venture.
That’s why several pastors, like Rev. John Oros, cautioned people to truly count the cost of following Jesus.
- AnimalsBehaviorChristianityChristiansDiscipleshipDogsGospelNew LifePetsReligionSalvationSinTransformation
By most definitions, Jake is a model Christian. He doesn’t swear. He doesn’t go out drinking, nor does he run around with wild women. Further, Jake hasn’t ever gossiped one time in his entire life!
Yep, Jake is just about the best dog a man could ask for.