“An abstinence-until-marriage program is not only irresponsible, it’s really inhumane.”
Liam picked up Jake and the two buddies headed to the local buffet to grab some lunch. As they began walking toward the restaurant, Liam realized he’d made that error that so many others before him had made: he’d locked his keys in the car.
Have you ever failed at something and then had to live with the consequences? Jerry Lynn has. He suffered a comical misstep with a simple home repair and he now gets a daily reminder of his failures.
It comes at exactly 6:50pm each evening.
- AmericaBibleFreedomGod's WordGovernmentHistoryIgnoranceIndependenceInterpretationLost in TranslationMistakeMisunderstandingPoliticsSocial MediaStupidity
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
The Declaration of Independence is easily the most well-known document in American history, right?
Not so fast….
- BeliefsChanceEasterExperienceFaithGod's PowerMiracleMistakeResurrection
When people talk about the validity of Jesus’ resurrection, it’s inevitable that someone asks, “What are the chances?” It’s a fair question. After all, most of us know plenty of people who died…and stayed dead.
But is chance a good basis for belief?
- AnimalsBad DecisionsBaptismCircumcisionCompetitionEvangelismFailureGreat CommissionMistakePastorPriestRabbiRitualSuccess
A priest, a Baptist pastor, and a rabbi were accustomed to meeting each Monday morning to discuss their weekend services. On one of those occasions, the priest mentioned that it…
- CompassionConsequencesDeathEvilExecutionGod (Nature Of)GraceInjusticeKillLoveMercyMistakeMurder
Look, we’ve all dozed off during meetings here and there. It’s just a liability of being human. We’ve probably fallen asleep in class and even in church, too. No biggie, just a bit embarrassing.
But falling asleep during a meeting in North Korea has huge consequences. It can get you killed.
- AccidentAdventureBad DecisionsDeathDecision-MakingDisasterExhaustedJesusMistakeNatureSalvationWeak
Jon Krakauer and Andy Harris reached the summit of Mt. Everest at 1:12pm on May 10, 1996. At 29,028 feet elevation, they were literally “on top of the world.” But that’s just half the adventure.
They were about to discover that descending Mt. Everest is just as deadly as climbing it….