“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
“Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth.”
Topics Illustrated Include:
(Resource cataloged by David R Smith)
- AthleteEvangelismFightingGospelGreat CommissionJesusLost in TranslationPraiseSportsTestimonyWitness
What would you do if you were a UFC fighter who just won a vicious cage match against a dangerous opponent? Celebrate? Pass out? Mention Jesus in the post-fight interview?
Yoel Romero went with the Jesus option…and took his worst shots of the night because of it.
- ChristianityChristiansCrossDeathEmperorFightingGladiatorGod's PowerHistoryKillMartyrMurderPersecutionRomansTestimonyVictoryViolence
It was built to entertain the ruthless masses of the Roman Empire. The mighty Coliseum stood in the heart of Rome and played host to the gladiatorial games that would end up costing the lives of thousands upon thousands of contestants.
But the death toll rose even more when the Coliseum was used to kill followers of Jesus.
There’s no such thing as a perfect family, mainly because families tend to be made up of humans. Every family has at least a little bit of dysfunction to it. But a little bit of dysfunction can be tolerated, and sometimes even overcome.
But all bets are off when people start shooting at one another!
- AccidentConsequencesDangerDeathEnemyFightingFutureHistoryIgnoranceInjuryMilitaryWarWorld War II
Peleliu is a six-mile long island in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of the Philippines. It’s a tropical paradise, with rich vegetation, beautiful beaches, and exquisite views. But the tiny island is virtually uninhabited.
That’s because one wrong step could explode a landmine buried there 70 years earlier.
- AngerBloodCareDogsEnemyFatherFightingForgivenessHelpJesus' TeachingKillLoveMenNeighborPetsRevengeSaveViolence
Dr. Fred Craddock had no qualms about calling his childhood neighbor, Mr. Cook, a “hateful man”; after all, when Fred was just a young boy, Mr. Cook killed his dog. Fred’s sentiment toward Mr. Cook is easy to understand because many people have had a neighbor like Mr. Cook.
But few people have had a father like Fred’s.
- BoysBullyChildrenChristiansConversionEvangelismEvangelistFightingGospelGreat CommissionJesus' TeachingLostLoveViolenceWitness
No two Christians share their faith the same way; some quote Scripture while others pass out tracts. Some use methods like “The 4 Spiritual Laws” or “The Roman Road.” But Eugene Peterson’s evangelistic strategy was much simpler.
He just used his fists.
- AngerChristiansChurchFightingJesus' TeachingLoveSelf-ControlViolenceWorship
We’ve all heard people joking about someone “taking their seat” in church. Usually, it’s nothing more than just an expression. But there was nothing “usual” about what happened when one man took another’s seat in Plain City, Utah.
Somebody got run over…and somebody else got arrested.
Baseball is not the fast-paced game that basketball is. Nor is it a contact sport like football. In spite of those qualities, it still has the reputation of being “America’s favorite pastime.”
Perhaps that’s because many baseball fans are absolutely crazy about their teams.