Courage. Some have it, and some don’t. Are courageous people simply born with more of it than others? Is courage part of an individual’s personality…or can anyone develop courage with…
- Charles SpurgeonChildrenConvictionsExample (Being An)FaithFamilyIntercessory PrayerJudgmentMomParentingParentsPrayerSalvation
Before Charles Haddon Spurgeon could become the preacher that would lead thousands and thousands to faith in Christ, he had to come to faith in Christ, himself. While both of…
Jeremy and Melissa, a married couple who operated a traveling circus, visited an adoption agency with the hopes of increasing the size of their small family. Of course, the social workers had plenty of doubts and worries about the couple’s suitability for adoption.
- AbandonAdoptionBabyCareChildrenHelpLoveParentsPastorProblemProblem SolvingRescueSaveSolution
Each year, millions of babies are abandoned by their parents for a variety of reasons: physical deformities, mental handicaps, or the mother’s inability to care for them. In South Korea, one man is making sure no more children die this way.
His strategy hinges on the love of Jesus…and a box.
- BabyBad NewsCareChildrenCoachComfortDeathFamilyPainQuestioning/WonderingSportsStrengthSufferingSupport
Coach Billy Donovan knows how to win big. Before transitioning into the NBA, he led the Florida Gator’s basketball team in back-to-back national championships. But he knows what it’s like to lose big, too.
When he and his wife lost a child, he knew exactly where to turn.
- AngerChildrenCriticismCruelDisabilityFamilyHateHealthHurtful WordsKidsNeighborPainParentingParentsRudeSelfishVengeance
Max was diagnosed with severe autism when he was just two years old. His life will never be a “normal” one as most of us define it, and not just because of his mental disorder. He’ll also struggle with the occasional idiot who masquerades as a “normal” adult.
Like this moronic woman in Ontario.
- BlessingChildrenChristmasEvangelismGiftsGivingGod's PlanGospelGratitudeGreat CommissionHusbandJoyLoveMarriageMissionsWeddingWife
Just before Christmas in 2000, a 7-year-old boy named Tyrel Wolfe stuffed a humble shoebox with simple gifts, along with a picture of himself dressed like a cowboy, and mailed it overseas in the hopes it would bless a child in need.
Though he didn’t know it, the boy would one day receive a much greater blessing from the recipient.
- AtheismCareChildrenFaithFamilyGenerosityGreedJesus' TeachingKidsKindnessParentingParentsReligiousResearchSharing
Pop Quiz: Which kid is most likely to be greedy and judgmental?
The kid being raised by atheists.
The kid being raised by wolves.
The kid walking home from Sunday School.
- AngerChildrenChurchGod (Nature Of)HappinessJoyKidsMisunderstandingMomPatienceTraditionWorship
Church can be a place that’s filled with distractions: cell phones with annoying ring tones, old people who cough loudly (and unceasingly), and of course, babies that cry. But what about a kid who’s smiling? Is that a disruption to worship?
In one church, evidently so.
- AbuseChildrenChristiansChurchCompassionGraceGuiltyHelpJesusJudgingKidsMomProstituteSelf-ImageSexual ImmoralitySexual Sin
Ask church people about their image in the community and they’re likely to reference “hospitals for the sick” or “lighthouses for lost.” Let’s face it; that’s how we like to see ourselves.
But one prostitute in Chicago has a completely different take on Christians and the Church.