There are some conversations in life you can mess up…and still get by unscathed. However, there are also conversations in life, that if you mess up, you’ll pay for dearly.
One of those conversations is with police officers at a traffic stop.
Here is the TOP 10 list of things NOT to say to a police officer if you find yourself caught in a “blue light special” on the side of the road.
- “You must have been doing at least 120 to keep up with me!”
- “Ahhhh…geez. No wonder you caught me; my radar detector wasn’t plugged in.”
- “Remember. I pay your salary.”
- “I was just trying to keep up with traffic.” (If there are no cars in sight: “See how far ahead of me they are?”)
- “That’s great! The last police officer let me off with a warning, too!”
- “Are you Andy or Barney?”
- “I thought you had to be in relatively good physical condition to be a police officer.”
- “You’re…uhhh…you’re not gonna check the trunk, are ya?”
- “No sir, I don’t know why you pulled me over. I assumed you knew.”
- COP: “Your eyes look red; have you been drinking?” YOU: “Your eyes look glazed; have you been eating donuts?”
Topics Illustrated Include:
(Resource cataloged by David R Smith)